Roadblock by Sprint

– Vonage Service : check
– Phone adapter/router : check
– Network re-org for above : check
– basic VoIP system functional : check
– network functional : check
– enable call forwarding : denied

For some reason, there is no call forwarding on my sprint local line. So now I have to talk to their offices in the morning to find out WHY.

And then figure out how to test Vonage without our “normal” number.

Dammit.

7 Responses to Roadblock by Sprint

1. katzj says:

I’ll be very interested to hear how vonage ends up working for you.

2. detritus says:

do you have a temporary Vonage number?

I haven’t told Vonage to XFer the number yet, so yes, yes I do. I was PLANNING on forwarding the current landline to the Vonage number, testing it out, then transfering the landline number a ditching sprint if it all worked out.

Alas, it is not to be.

4. detritus says:

You want me to call the temp #?

No, that’s all tested and working. WHat I was HOPING to avois was switching over to vonage completely, finding out after a week or two that it sucks, and then having to switch back.

If I foward all the “normal” landline calls to vonage, I can test it and if it doesn’t work out, just cancel the service and un-forward my calls.

You know what I mean?

6. detritus says:

Yeah i do. We just did the plunge and moved from TWC digital phone to vonage.. No intermediate.

Worked great, we’re still happy with it. Laura sort of misses the ability to fax from home, but not enough to pay an extra $10/month to enable it.

7. jay says:

Packet8 appears to have cleared up the issues I was having. Still, trust is developed over months… not days.