wow

Why yes, RoadRunner is a shitload faster than my DSL, why dod you ask?

13 Responses to wow

1. detritus says:

I don’t remember, did you get the 6mb down RR or the ‘normal’ one?

the 6Mb down one. ‘Cause stuff that took about 2 hours on my DSL line now take about 20 mins.

3. fuzz3 says:

you may want to point to a non-rr dns server.. That’s been my biggest complaint with RR..

4. bpitzer says:

How long ago was that? I only ask because they’re my servers, and I like to know when users are having problems with them. So far, they’ve been stable for at least 12-13 months.

5. bpitzer says:

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

I don’t know if that’s the gloating laugh or the “You have no idea how your life will suck soon” laugh.

I went from 128 ISDN to 512/128 DSL, and now I’ve got the 6M/whatever Cable. I can deal with that.

Plus now I can download my pr0n in 1/3 the time…

7. bpitzer says:

Definitely gloating. Definitely.

8. fuzz3 says:

most of my problems were probably a year+ ago, that’s when I started relying on another DNS server and host file entries.

Since then, I wouldn’t really know, I guess.

9. fuzz3 says:

and while you’re here, do you know if the morrisville TWC office is going to be hiring anytime soon?

Owch. Bad form. First you dis his servers, then you admit it was, in fact a long ass time ago, and then you hit him up for a job lead.

Big brass ones, dude, big brass ones.

11. fuzz3 says:

I didn’t dis his servers. I simply mentioned that I had problems with them in the past. Hell, I’d recommend anyone to have a third party DNS server in their lookup queue. But ya know, that’s just me.

And asking about internal insight about a company hiring isn’t exactly asking for a referral…

12. bpitzer says:

I have no idea if TWC will be hiring locally. The BNS operations group that I work for is part of TWC corporate. The local division does all of its down hiring and just informs corporate HR of personnel changes for benefits enrollment, payroll, etc.

What kind of job would you be looking for? I doubt you’d find much more than tier 1 helpdesk jobs there, but like I said, I don’t work for them, so I could be wrong on that front.

13. bpitzer says:

Yeah, I thought so. Not to punch back, by any means, but I thought that was probably the case, and I get a little reactionary when somebody calls my servers into question without merit, or bases blanket statements on extremely old information.