Saturday, Saturday

I’ve got about 25 mins until I need to be at the place for New Leader Training and Cub Scout Essentials.

Last night was relaxing. We went out to dinner, and the boys were great for their grandparents. Maybe this is a sign of things to come.

After Ray went to bed, I started the task of sewing all my patches onto my Scout Uniform. After the second one, I decided we really, really need a sewing machine. I dunno if it’s the fact that I can’t sew straight, or the growing pain in one or two fingers (no blood drawn, though) that made this decision for me.

Right, time to get some coffee and go…

7 Responses to Saturday, Saturday

1. beccaj says:

My mama used to hot-glue our badges when we were in a pinch. It’s a nice temporary solution.

2. frijole says:

I have to say that I love my grandma. She did all my patches for me, and did an awesome job…since she’s got so much sewing stuff (she’s a crazy quilter), she even had the right color thread to match all the badges :p

The only bummer was a couple of them, like the Quality Unit ones, that you replace, she was like “Whoa, you didn’t tell me I was going to have to take these off, it took almost as long as it took to put them on”

:p

3. z_kungfu says:

Finger hurts? get a thimble….

4. ladymoondance says:

Wow! I never thought I would see you being so domestic.

And, yeah, try a thimble.

…it’s the “can’t sew straight” that’s killing me. After the second attempt at the shoulder patches, well, it’s time to get some mechanical help.

I’m just a lot more open about it now. *grin* I’m nested in quite a lot these days.

(And it doesn’t help that, back in the day, I was the responsable adult for most of my rommates.)

As to the thubmle, yeah I should – but see my response to above.

7. ladymoondance says:

It’s more: the wife and the kid and the house in the suburbs… oh my! :-)

Kinda cool! Kinda scary!

On the other hand part of me is about ready for a picket fence myself.

*hugs*