Saturday, Spam, and sleep

Spent the rest of the afternoon doing *NOTHING* after the grocery run. I look forward to repeating this effort tomorrow with occasional breaks for laundry.

Spam this week looks to be slightly less than last – 223 messages, 102 not trapped, 121 caught. Hard to tell if the PSBL is doing any good or not, though. More data is required.

Monday is Sushi day, and Friday will be Bali Hai day. You should come along. Dunno where for Monday, though. Might have to try Sushi Tsune since it’s so close, and it’s been a while since I went there.

Time to sleep. Stay out of trouble, y’hear?

16 Responses to Saturday, Spam, and sleep

1. clubjuggler says:

Have you tried greylisting? I’ve been meaning to set it up on my box, but it means upgrading postfix and I haven’t gotten around to that just yet. It seems to me, though, that it might be a very good method of reducing spam.

Where are you eating on Tuesday? I’ve got an interview in Cary that morning, but might be interested in Baja for lunch (it’s been quite a while…). Interested?

I haven’t tried greylisting just yet. Although it might be worth my while if there’s a decent impelementation that’ll plug into my existing SendMail/SpamAssassin/MailScanner setup.

3. moonfl0wer says:

i do believe i can still make sushi! just let me know when/where… :)

…when I know for sure. Since the new law takes effect on Monday, lunches are going to get a little more time constrained. But that’s another post.

Almost forgot – for budget and timecard reasons, I was going to work through lunch on Tuesday/Wednesday. *BUT* since you’ll be on my side of town, and Baja is so close, I think I can bend a little.

But the week after, I’ve *GOT* to stick with the plan *grin*

6. measured_chaos says:

*sigh* Monday is the day of interviews. I was told to come in at 9 and expect to leave around 4. No sushi for me. Friday is Day 2 at UNC hospitals for the liver scan. Just keep your fingers crossed there will be no biopsy.

Fun.

Eat some for me, ok?

Bummer. Where are you interviewing?

There’s always next Monday, and I’ll keep my thoughts positive for you on Friday.

8. sandypar says:

As the new law starts tomorrow and I am watching my finances, I might skip sushi tomorrow (SHOCK!) so that I can go to Bali Hai on Friday. Be sure to eat some for me.

*here’s hoping that i can resist the temptation and force that is Jenny when it coms to lunch*

9. measured_chaos says:

I’ll share all details after I interview. I’m all ner-bus and don’t want to jinx myself.

Thank you. :) Friday won’t be bad… just time-consuming and irritating. And after two days of fasting I should be in a mood come the weekend. ;)

See some of us provide warning labels. *sticks tongue out at you*

Bah, where’s the fun in warning labels?

And if I go that long without food, I’ll probably pass out at least once. I’ve got a very, very fucked up metabolism. Are they at least allowing you clear fluids, or is it just wanter and nothing else?

…will probably fight me on the Sushi Tsune thing as well. And if she does, she can go whereever she likes by herself. Tsune is the only place I can be sure to get in, eat, and back in about an hour.

I figure I can probably stay a little late to make up for it, as long as I don’t make it a 2-hour lunch on Monday. If I work 9 on Tuesday/Wednesday I can still get in my Lunch appt. on Thursday and Bali Hai on Friday. If I have to stay a little late to make it work, so be it.

12. labrown says:

Greylisting is VERY nice if you can deal with the initial delay of mail coming from people you haven’t communicated with.

I use the milter-gris implementation on my own mail server running FC2. Check out http://www.greylisting.org for all the details and links to the milter-gris site.

13. labrown says:

Never been to Bali Hai. Maybe and I’ll bug out of work and come over for lunch Friday.

14. measured_chaos says:

Nothing from midnight to procedure. Wednesday sucks my ass since my procedure is scheduled at 2:30. Nothing means no water either. Suck. Thursday I can have liquids. Friday’s procedure starts at noon so that’s not so bad.

Saturday, I’m going to be pigging OUT (well okay unless I have the biopsy and then I’m not sure what I can and cannot eat…)

15. clubjuggler says:

Cool. Since I don’t know my exact schedule, why don’t I call you when I’m out of the interview. I think I have your number…

It’s worth the drive, let me tell you…