Stereo goodness

So, after a new head unit and having to re-wire the *REAR* speakers as well, the car stereo sounds *NICE*, and the iPod can be connected directly to the aux input. I can also get a tool that lets me use the controls on the steering wheel, but I think I’ll wait for a bit.

in the mean time, i was riding home with some *FAT* tunes again. Next spring, Bass, but for now, this will be just fine.

Now, if only the sun would come back out. Who wants to go for a ride? *grin*

12 Responses to Stereo goodness

1. andyhat says:

Where’d you get all this rewiring done? I’ve been thinking that I’d really like an Aux input in my car for the iRiver, but I haven’t so far wanted to go the trouble of wiring it up myself.

If you already ahve a head unit that has an Aux line, it’s really not that bad – just connecting the apropriate cable to the back of the unit.

However, if you need theo whole system re-done, Iv’e had good luck with both Car Tunes in Cary and Best Buy at Crossroads. i think I’ll go to Car Tunes since they were cooler than the guys at BB.

3. z_kungfu says:

But how do you like the blue glow?

The blue glow is cool. I still ahve to re-do my radio pre-sets, but it’s worth it.

now all I need is iceLink for Panasonic…

5. gardenwaltz says:

so, even if i do get floaters for my station wagon, i will still be nowhere near so cool as you ;).

i jest, what i really want is spinning hubcaps. can you even imagine a gold station wagon with spinning hubcaps? i think it could cause brain popping.

6. andyhat says:

I still have the stock Honda head unit, which, as far as I know, has nothing resembling aux input. So there’ll be at least a little work to get it right, but I’ll have to give Car Tunes a try some day.

You can always use an FM Modulator, but the sound quality won’t be as good. but it’s an option….

8. z_kungfu says:

Though if you’re still using the stock head unit you won’t have a compalint about an iTrip at all.

iTrip is cool, except he’s not using an iPod….

Maybe I should get those for the Kia Minivan. Pimp that ride *UP* for R and the kids.

11. andyhat says:

Yep, I’ve got one of those (from Belkin, I believe). It does work, but the sound quality leaves much to be desired. Plus, when driving long distances, you have to keep fiddling with the channel to use to find a clear enough one.

12. measured_chaos says:

I suck! I did not realize you posted a comment on my most recent post before deleting and reposting with quote. :\

Can I request a do over on your comment?!?!? :(