Livestock sighting

Just went out to walk the dog. Saw something eating at the outdoor cat’s dish. One scurried in the opposite direction and then the dog tried to her the other two racoons. The escaped between my legs, and the dog has had enough excitement for tonight.

So, I think, have I.

For those of you keeping score, I suppose this means we “officially” have a dog, an indoor car, and outdoor cat. Unofficially it would appear we also have a random number of deer passing through, a family of raccoons, at least one family of Cardinals, random amounts of small birds, and assorted insects on our property. I wonder if the wild turkeys are gonna show back up this fall.

Who said country living was quiet?

6 Responses to Livestock sighting

1. detritus says:

I’m in the middle of north raleigh and have a family of rabbits, two box turtles, a couple of hawks, goldfinches, and the pissmonsters.

yeah, we ahve assorted Mice and at least one family of bunnies. And lizzards, although they’re really out of season now.

Bruce-cat left me a present of a lizzard without a head not too long ago. I don’t want to know where the head ended up….

3. jay says:

raccoons can be costly house guests…

4. measured_chaos says:

…and a partridge in a pear treeeeee!!!

Okay, no more singing. *ahem*

yes, yesthey can. Right now they’re sticking to Bruce’s cat food. I suppose we need to feed him less so that they don’t have anything to eat at night – lack of food tends to drive them off.

And plugging the cat-door to the garage over the summer is probably in order….hate for one of them to leave a present in the convertible.

6. sandypar says:

We are in Garner…with a big pond in our backyard. We have geese, ducks, many frogs, lizards, squirrels, chipmunks, an annoying woodpecker right outside the master bath window, some black snakes, bluebirds, turtles, beetles, yellow jackets, wasps, spiders of all sorts, and waterbugs.

I am in love with the frogs. There are two that sit on our porch at night facing the front door. It takes all of my self-will not to bring them indoors. For, if I did, both the frogs and I would need to find a new place to live. :-D