Sell Sell Sell

So I had to promise to hold off on my my next tattoo for a while, and I now own a car loan to a 2000 Green Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 6-Speed V8 with SLP and all the trimmings.

Pictures tomorrow. And a haircut, and got to clean out the garage so I can park it inside. And I need to figure out all the buttons….

Guess who just got motivated to sell some Linux? *grin*

Edit: SLP was mis-spelled as STL

16 Responses to Sell Sell Sell

1. measured_chaos says:

Sweet! You’ll have to ride around Pittsboro with “Low Rider” cranked up to the max!!! ;)

First I need some Bass. I’m spoiled from the subs int he Honda. I might move the head unit from the Honda into the Pontiac, and pick up a boom-tube, since the box in the Honda won’t fit. But in a tube, *THEN* break out the Korn cover of Low Rider. And maybe the Marilyn Manson cover of Tainted Love….

…need to burn my ass a Mix CD *grin*

3. measured_chaos says:

Oh god help us all…

You’re going to become one of those kind of drivers.

*holds head in hands and groans*

You’re too young for a midlife thing! Aren’t you? Aren’t you?!?!? ;)

I’ve always been one of those drivers. I have a :45 commute, easy. I can’t watch TV, can’t read the paper, and damn if NPR won’t put me to sleep.

Best I can tell the sound system in the honda is worth twice the actual car. I can’t turn it up past about 25 (it goes to 100) for fear of physically damaging the car. And it’s *CRYSTAL* clear. No distortion. Fucking pristine sound.

No, I’m not doing the midlife thing. I’ve *ALWAYS* been like this, and I’ll calm down for a while. I’m buying all the toys I wanted when I was 20 and didn’t have the money because I was too busy trying not to become a street person.

When I hit mid-life crisis, the world is fucked. I’m just a little crazy, and I’ve been repressing for a few years….

5. measured_chaos says:

So basically if I drive anywhere near your car, my rib cage will vibrate and my boobage will heave.

Good to know!

Amen to the early 20s survival game. Remind me to tell you about the three months I lived in my car, sometime. I was | | to being a street person. Thank god for the YMCA and its showers and $0.59 burritos from Taco Bell. :X

I am trying to get rid of a bunch of toys. I am almost to the point where I am ready to cancel cable and pack the television into storage. I really wanted a PS2 and covet my 10 year old cousins DDR. That said, I’ve refrained thus far. Simplify, simplify, simplify. I’ve found all I really need in life is my easel, my camera, my books, my records and my kid. Anything else is responsibility and something else to clean. ;) That said, I can never have too many art supplies, too many cameras, too many books and too many records. So maybe simplify isn’t the right word! *laughs*

I am totally jealous about the car though. It sounds awesome!!! Congrats!! :)

Yeah, that about sums up the sound int he Honda. Got a way to go on the Firebird.

My early 20’s were spent living hand to mouth, constantly behind on rent, and doing far to many recreational chemicals. I’m with you on the burritos, but I always found a way to keep my own place. Even if it ment dinners for the week was ramen and white bread (wheat on payday – I shit you not).

Renee did get me the PS2 for my birthday year before last (this also simplifies presents for Xmas and my Birthday, since she can get me a game and I’m happy – plus it’s somethign Ray and I do together – while Jake and I have the trains), and while it’s way cool, I don’t get DDR. You want to dance, get your white ass to the club and shimmy like a man!

I guess I could simplify, but to be honest, I’m close enough to see ADD, and I bore easily. Maybe trim down to the laptop and books, but it’d take a stretch.

And yeah, the car kicks ass. I may not get it back when Renee drives it, and I can’t wait to take it on Pittsboro-Moncure Road.

7. measured_chaos says:

30 second summation – 19 years old. left college to take a job, got kicked out of the house by my dad, mom was living with druggie bulldyke lesbo, grandparents wouldn’t take me in out of fear of my dad. dad called in favours after 2 weeks… got let go from job. started contracting on my own with SMBs in the park and in North Raleigh. slept in car the entire summer, ate taco bell twice a day and showered in the Y. had enough for deposit and a bed and a few pots and pans by end of summer. never looked back.

This is why I haven’t gotten DDR… because I can go to the club and have fun. That said, without DDR my 10 year cousin can kick my ass on it. Damnit. And I shimmy like a girl. I get more free drinks that way, you see. ;)

We each have our toys. I just blame mine on my work (photography, art) and school (books). Also, when I am feeling mildly ADD I hang with Drue and we go ride, go to the playground, try to drown each other in the pool aka run amuck. So not so different… :)

8. moonfl0wer says:

whoa!!! that was sudden! or was i not paying attention…?

anyway. congrats!!!

Saw it on the lot when they got it Wednesday. I think I posted about it.

Drove past it on the way to & from work. Decided to stop on my way home and look closer. Came home, did some math…and took it for a drive. After the drive, it was all over. It went form OK, to let’s see if they can give me a price I can afford.

yeah, it was sudden, but I’m an impulse buyer. I did the same with the Pickup. And the RX7 before that. I decide I want it, and I’m going to own it. *grin*

if only other things were as easy…

10. fuzz3 says:

What SLP parts does it have?

Is it a firehawk model, or does it just have the SLP exhaust?

11. z_kungfu says:

Ha ha… to bad you can’t get the mullet going. And you need and 80’s metal mix cd for that thing..

…SLP exhaust. And the air intake system. Not sure what else was in the SLP. I *DO* know there’s this switch between the top control and the Traction Control system neither the Salesman nor I know what it does….although in the third position, it blows the blower….

13. fuzz3 says:

Blows the blower? Blowers are usually belt driven (or exhaust in the case of a turbo) and aren’t activated by a button.

I really hope the previous owner didn’t install one of those electronic fans in the intake track, as all they really do is create an obstruction.

Did the salesman tell you it was a “blower” button? Something sounds fishy about that…

The salesman was as clueless as I am about that switch. it does not appear in the manual, and in the third position does blow a fan.

if it is an electric fan in the intake, I can take it out, no worries. Damn thing kicks ass without it, that’s for sure. And it looks like there was an aftermarket sound system in it – the previous owner left the cables installed but not the amps or subs. I must investigate after I clean the garage so I can park it indoors :)

15. fuzz3 says:

Oh hell yes, those ls1’s are monsters….

And if it ever gets to feeling “slow”, they are VERY responsive to heads/cam/intake swaps… Like an additional 150-200+ hp responsive….

But ~300 should be sufficient for an old fogey. ;) j/k

Yeah, I noticed there are a lot of those advertised on aftermarket sites. I don’t think this one will need anything aftermarket except some sound system upgrades. The factory system is nice, but damn, it needs some Bass, you know?