For all my friends at OLS

Be sure to keep copies of Aubrey’s Guide to Con Hygiene handy – no matter what the crowd, at least 1% will need a reminder about these things.

7 Responses to For all my friends at OLS

1. measured_chaos says:

Step five really should read “Put back on CLEAN clothing…”. Otherwise some poor hapless geek is going to put back on his dirty clothes.

This is why I don’t attend Cons you know…

2. badger says:

Trinoc-Con [1] is this weekend in Durham. I’m tempted to borrow a color printer and leave a stack on the registration table :). However, as Powers Boothe said in Deadwood, “But that would be wrong.” [1] URL from memory, think it’s correct.

3. fuzz3 says:

I wish I had that on a t-shirt for HOPE last week….. 90 degrees in NYC with lots of unshowered smoking geeks in black shirts == funk…

It’s things like dirty unwashed fans that have kept me from going to cons as an adult. When you’re a little kid, you don’t notice the smelly people (or realize that they’re smelly).

5. z_kungfu says:

I CAN go by Kinko’s for you….

6. badger says:

Oh, I can too – I didn’t say I couldn’t, I said that I shouldn’t. Thanks for the offer, though.

7. maxdwolf says:

I had a scary close call in Yorktown where I almost had one as a roommate.