Your Go/Baduk skill level?

Did some trials with some canned energy drinks yesterday. I dunno what the big deal about Red Bull is – it tastes like cough syrup to me. I much prefer the Sobe stuff.

Mental note: drinking a Red Bull and following that with a Sobe can about 1.5 hours later is a *BAD* idea. One or the other or me, and no less than 3 hours apart.

7 Responses to Your Go/Baduk skill level?

I haven’t tried the Sobe stuff yet. I admit I like Red Bull, but then again, I do like cough medicine. However, mixing Red Bull with asthma medicine isn’t a real good idea. I did that last year at our volleyball tournament and I was bouncing off of the walls.

2. sighris says:

I like the taste of “Red Bull” in the same way that I like the taste of Guinese beer… some thing about it I like although there is also something unpleasent about it (if that makes any sense).

BTW, what is your Go ranking?

3. sighris says:

Hi. :)
    I came here to ask “alchemist” a question…
    – but your image (above) caught my eye.

Can you tell me a little about it?
    Sighris

I think I see the appeal of putting vodka in Red Bull, but I really can’t say I like the flavor of straight Red Bull. I’d much prefer the Guinese.

Hmm. Caffene Beer….

And I’m ranked at about 23k on Dragon Go Server right now, which puts me at about 19/20k AGA. I’ve been loosing a lot lately, but I’ve also been playing *MUCH* stonger opponents.

5. sighris says:

I tried vodka in Red Bull once, it made it taste even worse, but I kinda liked the effect.

I have been told by people I play IRL that I am about 15/13kyo AGA, but I have never played a rated game.

Can you give me a link to the “Dragon Go Server”?

BTW2, can you tell me a little about your alchemistry interests? (or just point me to some of your past posts on this subject)

Thanks,
    Sighris

I notice that the more I play, the more my skills change. Of course, it also depend son who you pay – if you play the same group a lot, you’ll get used to their playing style, and grow stronger against them.

Dragon Go Server is at http://www.dragongoserver.net/ – my handle over there is “ksonney”

Oh, and “Alchemist” is a holdover from my dialup BBS days, back in the late 80’s/early 90’s – it’s a username I’ve been using for well over a decade now. I don’t muck about much in the art proper – mostly because I lack time to do so.

Thanks for the compliment. I like it too, I think it definitely captures my other side. But I have to say that I can’t take any credit for it. I found it in one of the LJ icon communities, the name of which escapes me. It’s by sinful_fairy and it’s called poison 22. If that helps.