Of Ink

Still looking for an artist to help we with the next tat design. I think I may change the schedule a little and get it outlined thanksgiving weekend if I can, then do the colors and shading over the xmas break.

We’ll see if that works out – first I need to get the art settled. I wonder what Christy would do for me. Maybe I need to go in this week and talk to her. I still have a concern that she might not do the second one, since I was a little bit of a pain to deal with on the first one. That whole passing out thing probably didn’t help my chances of being an acceptable repeat customer….

11 Responses to Of Ink

1. psychomagnet says:

Can someone say addiction?

I could be addicted to worse things. *smirk*

This will only be the second one. But I am considering wrist and ankle cuffs as well. Renee, on the other hand, doesn’t like them to be overly visible when I’m dressed, so I think I see an issue or two on the horizon….

3. edeniell says:

What kind of design are you looking for?

What I want is a dragon guarding three jewels – a ruby (Renee/June), a pearl (Raymond/July), and an opal (Jacob/October) over a braid matching the one in my wedding band. This incorporates the family theme I wanted on my left shoulder (right side is me, left is us/them), and should be reasonably bad-ass. *grin*

I *REALLY* like the wing design on Disney’s Chernobog (Fantasia’s Night on Bald Mountain), and can sort of see what I want in my head, but my hands just fall apart at drawing it.

I’m also starting to see how to expand on the right shoulder…

5. ratnix says:

Just in case it affects how you arrange those 3 jewels: Pearl is June, Ruby is July.

Better to be a pedant before the inking begins, y’know. :)

Hmm. Very true. I shall keep that in mind.

Plus I need top remember to leave a little room for adding an additional jewel if need be.

Being a June birthday, I was going to comment that June is pearl, but someone beat me to the punch. I think the design sounds really cool. Could you just find the image that you want and trace it or something like that?

So you passed out during yours? Hmmmm, I have to say that I didn’t come close, but it hurt enough that I’m not thinking about getting another one anytime soon. Maybe someday, I might expand/elaborate on mine.

The design is totally unique. I have never, ever seen anything like it. Which is what makes it so hard *grin*

And the passing out wasn’t from the pain. I have this thing about needles. And I thought I was over it. Seriously. I mean, I haven’t passed out giving blood or anything in like, years. So this was a total surprise. Well, not a total surprise because I knew that I was going to pass out, and the alst thing I remember is trying to say “I feel like I’m gonna pass out” and then fighting my way out of the blackness.

I wish the excuse were pain. Then I’d just be a wussy. But no, I have to have a complex or some shit. *grin*

I don’t have a fear of needles, well, let’s just say that I don’t really want to look at them sticking into me….

As for finding some of the Chernobog art. I have a book on some of the Disney illustrators and the man who drew Chernobog is named Kay Nielsen and the book has a charcoal drawing of Chernobog with his wings, unfortunately, they’re not spread out. Maybe you could try doing a search on Fantasia or Kay Nielsen and see what comes up. I have the DVD of Fantasia as well, I don’t know if there is a way to pull an image off of that. I think this would be a cool tattoo and if I can help you out, let me know.

I hadn’t even though of trying to grab form the DVD.

Actually, I think the wings are the easy part – it’s the dragon body I’m having probalems with. And the jewels. And the braid. I can’t draw a braid to save my life.

Unfortunately, I’m like you, can visualize the finished product, but do not possess the drawing skills to bring it to life. I’m glad that I found my art and didn’t have to create it. Good luck!!!