1444

OK, the only thing about the tattoo I don’t like is the healing. I have *GOT* to figure out a way to wear shirts and no get the inside of my right sleeve all slimed up.

I tried a non-stick gauze pad this evening, but all that did was suck up the lotion. and anyway, I need tape to hold it down. I’ve heard cling wrap from two sources, so that might get a try in the morning.

Right now I’m hanging out in front of the computer shirtless.

8 Responses to 1444

I feel your pain. But the oozy phase doesn’t last all that long, or at least mine didn’t. It was only like 3 days at the most. I just had to make sure that I wore shirts that covered the tattoo, so I didn’t leave slime on all my furniture. I guess wearing sleeveless shirts wouldn’t fly at the office? ;-)

2. detritus says:

AHHHH my brain! :)

3. moonfl0wer says:

you shouldn’t cover it up–it needs to breathe while it heals. they generally only use plastic wrap for the first few hours to protect it from the elements…

you should only have a few more days of oozy-sticky. :) you can do it…

Yeah, I know. And opinions on that seem to vary. I’ve talked to a couple of people who’ve covered w/breathable stuff and done OK.

The tat itself isnt’ oozy any more, that I can see. Just tender. 100% cotton T feels like burlap on it.

I suppose I should take a good look at it in the morning and see if I need to keep it goo-ed up all day like I’ve been doing.

Uh no, not really. Although I did spend most of today with my sleeve rolled up. :)

6. jay says:

Cotton fabric is only “soft” on closed skin. You might like wearing a rash guard like material i.e. synthetic tight nap fibers.

If you ever surfed and scarred up your nipples you’d appreciate it. :)

Rash Guard, eh? I don’t think I’ve got anything like that outside baby clothes *sigh*

Oh, I have come back with a bad case of waxburn more than once, so while I can’t co-miserate, I can attempt to imagine. OWIE.

8. mossy says:

The best was to treat a new tattoo is put a load of antiseptic cream on it and wrap it in cling film. It heals extraordinary quickly, doesn’t stain everything and anything, you can sleep much better at night and when you wake up you don’t have to peel your bedsheets off your body. The only problem is if the tattoo is somewhere that can’t be wrapped very easily. I would suggest using extra adhesive plaster to hold it down.

The long term benefit of this method is the fact that the peeling of the skin is minimal in the first few days, which means that very little ink will be pulled out leaving the tattoo more vibrant.

Funnily enough, tomorrow I’m planning to have some more work done on mine. :)